Cannabis as a Business Opportunity: Policy, Regulation, Financing and Markets
With recent changes legalizing cannabis in states such as Colorado and more liberal medical laws on medical dispensaries in California,the industry of cultivating and selling marijuana is making a shift from illegal into legal business activities.
Learn about business and market opportunities for this emerging industry for cannabis.
California Cannabis Industry Association
Drug Policy Alliance,
Policy Manager California
NOTE: TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY WE WILL NOT BE PUBLISHING ADVANCE ATTENDEES LIST ON WEBSITE FOR THIS EVENT. If you are not sure yet if you want to attend, join our free mailing list and we will keep you posted as we book speakers
What is the impact on the traditional tech industry in the bay area?
Are there new startups in this area?
What are latest news trends, best practices and market trends?
What are criterion for profitablity data?
This event will focus solely on business issues and is relevant to entrepreneurs, investors, banks, shippers, suppliers, tech, growers, startups, service providers or investors. This event is not intended for consumers, recreational users, or patients.
- Finding funding and investors in legal markets – and determining which are best for you
- How banks and investors view the business opportunity
- Optimizing your business structure to stay compliant with rules and regulations
- Learn about new policies, rules and opportunities in finance and banking.
- Explore new innovations in cannabis business technology.
- Discuss responsible business practices and community engagement.
- Learn how you can take steps to develop a business or startups in this market
5:45- Regstration Opens
5:45-6:45 Networking Mixer, Food, Drinks
Overview of state regulation and legislation trends for medical and recreational cannabis impacting business opportunities
Sean Donahoe, Presenter
7:15-8:30 Panel featuring speakers:
- Andrea Reiman, PhD MSW, Policy Manager California, Drug Policy Alliance
- Debby Goldsberry, one of founders of Americans for Safe Access
and Berkeley Patients Group
- Liana Held, CEO, Liana Limited
- Michael Blunk, Business Development, Arcview Group
- Sean Donahoe, Deputy Director, California Cannabis Industry Association
- Moderator; Michael Wu, Pillsbury
Who Should Attend:
Healthcare, Business,Startups, tech, investors, consumer electronics, enterprise, web development, chip design,venture capitalists, angels, small business owners, media and entertainment professionals, retail owners, entrepreneurs, mobile, Internet, digital media, startups, service providers, legal, financial services.